Thursday, January 27, 2011
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
1. Dr. Dre- The Chronic. "One, two, three and to the fo' Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr. Dre is at the do'", You have no idea what this album means to me. You just had a feeling this was the start of something special....
2. UGK- Riding Dirty. This album influenced a whole culture in the South and set trends on so many levels. "Murder" is by far a timeless street banger and Bun's verse is legendary!!!
3. Beastie Boys- License To Ill. Hold it now, HIT IT!!! If I had a nickel for everytime I heard someone copy the backward drum pattern on "Paul Revere"..... well lets just say I would have a lot of damn nickels! Rick Rubin, you was a fool for this shit!
4. 2pac- Me Against the World. This is debatable but in my mind, this is 2pac greatest creation. This album was like a confessional and we were all listening. No punchlines, no gimmicks, no big time features, this was straight up talent and a brilliant mind at work. This is hip hop, you felt it when you were exposed to it.... that's why he is the greatest to ever do it.
5. Jay-Z- Blueprint. This album is special because the songs are all classic, but it also introduced the world to 2 of the best producer in the game, Just Blaze, and another fella you my have heard of him, Kanye West. "The Takeover" is one of the greatest diss records ever, from songs like "U Don't Know" to "Song Cry" to "Ain't No Love", jigga man cemented his spot as hip hop royalty with this album.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
You think his hair is fucked up now, wait until that African heat cook up that perm... http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/08/jermaine-j
Monday, January 10, 2011
Damn they repped for hip hop harder than most of over MC's in the game, Jimmy Fallon & Justin Timberlake.... SALUTE!!!
The mixtape is available in full quality, no dj on itunes, Bud Da Great & ATMBOI- Tweet Dez Nutz In Ya Facebook and Git Da F**k Outta Myspace, so fill up ya ipod full of Good Music today!!! http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/bud-da
Gunplay u suck! Stop trying to ride Waka sound and style to put a hit under yo belt. Nice try, you can dress a turd to look like a gourmet dish but it's still a turd. Stick to carrying Ross's bags or you'll be on this list every week.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Friday, January 7, 2011
Day one of the release of my blog site, what I hope to accomplish is to chronicle the everyday life of a 30 year old unsigned rapper as I try to figure out if music will be my true calling in life. As of right now I'm hell bent on releasing my solo album later this year which could very well be my last contribution to the underground hip hop scene. The question has never been if I have what it takes to be in this game, it is whether or not I would sell out and compromise who I am as an artist to fit in to get a pay check and the answer to that question would be an emphatic "HELL NO!!!". I would much rather work a nine to five for the rest of my life before that ever happens. Anyway tune in, I'll be expressing my thoughts, spotlighting artists, etc etc, everyday, untimed, unrehearsed, there's no telling what I'd might type next, i holla